DRINK DRIVING CHARGES
If you are caught drink driving, you will need to attend court. Work with a Gold Coast drink driving lawyer to represent you and secure the best possible result.
A magistrate will decide the length of your licence disqualification and whether you will be fined or sentenced to a term of imprisonment.
The severity of the penalty will depend on your:
- blood/breath alcohol concentration (BAC) at the time of the offence
- traffic history, including whether you have been previously convicted of a drink driving offence.
Your licence will be suspended for at least 24 hours from the time your BAC is confirmed as having exceeded the limit that applies to you. In most cases that reading is 0.10%. The Legal limit is .05%.
Your licence will be immediately suspended if you:
- have been charged with a low range drink driving offence (over 0.0 but under 0.10 BAC) while an earlier drink driving charge is still pending;
- have been charged with a mid range or high range drink driving offence (0.10 BAC and over);
- fail to provide police with a specimen of breath or blood when requested;
- have been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence.
The immediate suspension will end when the drink driving charge has been dealt with by the court, is withdrawn or discontinued.
GETTING YOUR LICENCE BACK
When your disqualification ends you can apply to have your driver licence reissued. You will be issued with a probationary licence, which you must hold for at least 1 year.
You may also be subject to the alcohol ignition interlock requirement once your disqualification ends.
HELP WITH DRINK DRIVING CHARGES
Do you need assistance with a drink driving offense? We are able to represent you and secure the best possible result. Get in touch today