MCG Legal is in the business of providing MCG Legal provides legal services.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable.
Types of personal information we collect:
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- your name
- your personal telephone number
- your email address
- your IP address and/or device login
- your date of birth
We may also collect personal information from you that falls within the definition of ‘sensitive information’ under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) – including information or an opinion about your:
- criminal record
We may collect the above types of personal information directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this personal information:
- when you register to use our services on our website
- when you communicate with us through correspondence (including chat bots and email)
- via social networking sites (eg Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- when you interact with our websites, services, content, and/or advertising and media campaigns
How we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website, services and/or mobile apps
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services and/or mobile apps, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties
MCG Legal takes reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These reasonable steps include: Password protection of electronic documents. Physical files are secured in a locked office. Documentation that is no longer required is kept in a locked bin and is removed by Shred X for disposal..
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any personal information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is corrected.
Making a complaint
Telephone number: 07 5591 2222
Mail: 67 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
Effective: 1 June 2019